The Future Energy Jobs Act Will:
Substantially expand energy efficiency programs to drive customer savings and also expand options for commercial, industrial, and low-income customers.
- Commit $750 million: Commit up to $750 million for low-income communities to save money and help them benefit from clean energy.
- Protect 4,200 jobs: Protect 4,200 jobs and preserve $1.2 billion in economic activity annually.
- Strengthen and expand the Renewable Portfolio Standard: Strengthen and expand the Renewable Portfolio Standard to ensure stable, predictable funding for renewable development, providing $180M per year – growing to $220M per year- in funding for renewable resources, including new wind power, large-scale solar power, and rooftop and community solar.
- Position Illinois as a leader: Position Illinois as a leader in zero-carbon electricity.
- Provide job training: Provide job training and create thousands of clean energy jobs in energy efficiency, energy innovation, and renewable power industries.
- Preserve competitive rates: Protect consumers through a 25 cent monthly cost impact cap for residential customers through 2030 and a 1.3% cap for business customers.
For more information please visit http://www.futureenergyjobsact.com/about