La Casa Puertorriqueña Organizes Aid for Mexico and Puerto Rico
We will be accepting donations all week, including by PayPal
CHICAGO, IL (September 25, 2017) – the Casa Puertorriqueña will collect donations and send additional resources to Puerto Rico and Mexico in response to the crises after Hurricane Maria and recent earthquakes in Mexico.
La Casa Puertorriqueña has organized a regional collection center in Humboldt Park in Chicago. In addition to monetary donations, material donations needed include flashlights, batteries, diapers, baby formula, canned food, toiletries, and female intimate products. To arrange drop off of donations, please call 312-647-4108..
A press conference has been organized
When: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 7PM
Where: La Casa Puertorriqueña, 1237 N. California, Chicago IL 60622
- Luis Arroyo, State Representative
- Luis Arroyo Jr, Cook County County
- Tito Medina Chairman, Casa Puertorriqueña
- Carlos Hernandez, Executive Director, PR Arts Alliance (PRAA)
- Dannie Genero, Humboldt Park Jeep Club
- Samuel Rosado, President, National PR Motorcycle Association
- Vilma Colom, President, National Conference of PR Women – Northern IL Chapter
- Johnny Ruiz, President, Windy City Jeep Club
- Robert Torres, Parents for Peace & Justice
- David Figueroa, Second Chance Renovations
- Armando Torres, City Life
- Puerto Rican Police Association
The recent natural disasters that devastated Puerto Rico and Mexico, have impacting residents of the metropolitan area of Chicago, who are still trying to communicate with their relatives in Puerto Rico and Mexico.